The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Love in the Letter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Poetic Ramblings
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: The Love in the Letter   Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:09 pm

It's ridiculous how much the idea of writing Bones fanfiction scared me. The characters are just all so fantastic, that I'm so afraid of messing with them. But I got this idea, and I ran with it.

I'm sure this has been done a million times before, but this is my version of Brennan's final note in, "The Aliens in the Spaceship."

Hopefully this isn't too terribleā€¦ Rolling Eyes

---

Love: derived from the Proto-Indo-European word 'leubh.' Bearing a multitude of meanings and a long history of overuse. It was fairly simple- four letters, one syllable, composed of an equal ratio of vowels and consonants.

Yet, there was not a word that confounded Dr. Brennan more. Sure, she had experienced love before- both the rush of dopamine and norepinephrine, and the deep caring and concern for one's wellbeing. She had been attracted to Sully. She cared for Angela and Russ. But never had she experienced those two definitions at the same time. Not until Booth.

The love she felt for her partner was something new. It wasn't quite romantic or familial. She still felt the chemicals, the simulation of euphoria, but this was accompanied with something indefinable. This greatly disconcerted Temperance- someone who was needed everything definite. Everything labeled.

As much as her uncertainty bothered here, the anthropologist had no time to brand her emotions right then. All she had time to do now was try to express them.

"To Booth, my dearest friend."

Brennan had reread that line what felt like a million times in the past few seconds. Seconds, that's all she had. Practically, she should have been done a couple a minutes ago. She was taking nearly as long as Hodgins did to write his (she assumed far more elaborate) letter to Angela. And all she had was that lonely sentence. A sentence that looked much more like a book dedication than her final words should.

If she weren't in such a perilous situation, Brennan might have found this humorous. But right then it was hard for her to experience anything panic. Not for the probability of her death, but the impending sense of numbness and tranquility that would come with oxygen deprivation. The idea of dying with no feeling scared her more than seemed rational. But Temperance couldn't help but panic at the thought- she had been without sensation long enough, she couldn't die without expressing some of that fear, or affection, or whatever she was feeling.

Almost frantically, the doctor once again began scribbling on the torn out page. Smudges of dirt and Hodgins' blood smeared the paper as her hand moved across the paper. The final product was a mess to be sure, but somehow it seemed fitting.

After one last unsure glance at her letter, Temperance folded the parchment. She nearly smiled as she ran her thumb over the two added words:

"Love,
Bones"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joybrennan

PostSubject: Re: The Love in the Letter   Mon May 02, 2011 4:22 pm

cute!

PRESENTING: OUR S7 HERO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Love in the Letter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top