The Founding Fathers
Welcome to The Founding Fathers. New member accounts will be activated within 24 hours after approval by the forum administrators.

A home for all Bones fans

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Do you have questions and comments for the moderator?
Then post your thoughts here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mkpint
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:52 am

I am not very computer savy so I was wondering how you get all those cool pictures to show up on your profile?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 am

First you should find a pic you'd like to use as an avatar. It could be a .jpg or a .gif picture. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width cannot exceed 150 pixels, the height cannot exceed 200 pixels, and the file size cannot be higher than 64 KB.

Then you go to your personal settings in the main menu up there: Profile - Avatar - upload the pic from a link or from your PC - done! Very Happy

Last edited by mereva on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mkpint
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:31 pm

I tried to copy a picture and it did'nt work. I'm just gonning to have to face the fact that my avatar will be blank. Thanks for the help though, I'm just computer challenged. :oops:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnoopGirl
Forensic Anthropologist
Forensic Anthropologist

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:42 pm

mkpint wrote:
I tried to copy a picture and it did'nt work. I'm just gonning to have to face the fact that my avatar will be blank. Thanks for the help though, I'm just computer challenged. :oops:
Try INSERT IMAGE. I can't use HOST an IMAGE. Just doesn't work for me. Didn't on The ABY either. It worked a long time ago but then just stopped working.
Edited: Forget that, I just noticed that your pic is for Avitar not in a post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm

mkpint, please check your email! Smile

View user profile
himbeer29
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 am

A thread for "News" topics would be good... Or suggestions on where to post articles about Bones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smile0303
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm

I can't see the main page just the comment about errors. Unfortunately I can't download any other browsers b/c am on a work computer. Luckily I can still jump to sections to read them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:46 pm

smile0303 wrote:
I can't see the main page just the comment about errors. Unfortunately I can't download any other browsers b/c am on a work computer. Luckily I can still jump to sections to read them.
We're really very sorry, but this time we can't do anything by ourselves: is's a MAJOR bug on the server. It seems that somehow all IE support was disabled. We informed the programmers of the site many hours ago - they're still trying to fix it.

View user profile
smile0303
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:48 pm

At least there is the jump to bar at the bottom...I can use that to get to the sections and from there no problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:04 pm

himbeer29 wrote:
A thread for "News" topics would be good... Or suggestions on where to post articles about Bones?
Done! Post away.

View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:10 pm

I posted direct links in another topic. Hopefully it helps for the time until IE does function properly again.
http://www.bones-tff.org/message-from-the-mod-f3/direct-links-for-the-topics-as-long-as-ie-doesn-t-work-on-the-main-site-t63.htm

View user profile
jro54
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 pm

I don't where to put this...and I'm might get in trouble for this, but I feel like I have to let people know. I'm the type of person that speaks up when I have a problem...no matter what positon that person has. I expressed my opinion about the SO storyline in the "spoilers" thread...and someone quoted post and wrote something back that I feel is offensive. I thought the TFF was going to be a "nice" place...and we if were going to disagree, we were going to disagree and explain why we think that...because that's what it says in the "discussion" guidelines. I respect everyone's opinion. I don't think that anyone's opinion is right or wrong...but I feel offended by what this person wrote. I know there is not much you guys can do...but I just feel like I should let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdbyAdby
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm

jro54 wrote:
I don't where to put this...and I know I might get in trouble for this, but I feel like I have to let people know. I expressed my opinion about the SO storyline...and someone quoted post and wrote something back that I feel is offensive. I thought the TFF was going to be a "nice" place...and we if were going to disagree, we were going to disagree and explain why we think that. I respect everyone's opinion. I don't think that anyone's opinion is right or wrong...but I feel offended by what this person wrote. I know there is not much you guys can do...but I just feel like I should let you guys know.

Jro54

I will look in to it for you, when and where was it i am happy to talk to the Admins and the Mods and if we all agree we will issue a warning and if this happens another 2 times after the warning the person will be Banned for a time. We are not going to accept anyone been offensive to someone else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amanda.Marshall
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:13 am

Hello everyone and thanks for the new forum.

This is not really a big problem or anything. Just wanted to let you know that the checkbox for staying logged on is not working, at least for me. I checked and my browser is not blocking anything.

Love the Bones Halloween photo out front. It is one of my favorites.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Amanda.Marshall wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that the checkbox for staying logged on is not working, at least for me.
Please check your PMs.

View user profile
bonesfan158
Assistant
Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 pm

I love the Halloween scenes and the fact that the threads change from bats to witches' hats when there are no new items. I have spent the last two days trying to turn them all into hats. The spoiler section is the toughest. Yes---I have no life out side of Bones SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I'm sure you've all seen my post in the spoiler thread, if you have not, the gist is... I quit. If the warning header on the front page is at all in reference my posts, you'll note if you actually read them, that I did not say that anyone's opinion was unwarranted. that I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my issue is with how 2 different mods chose to deal with someone who was very unhappy with all the negativity bombarding her. Instead of remaining relatively impartial , they chose to defend their opinions which weren't even being directly attacked, one even going so far as to mock the person for suggesting there may be somewhere else that welcomes the posters opinions. I refuse to be a part of a place where there is a mob mentality and people are made to feel unwelcome because they enjoy an aspects of the show that the mods don't.

I wish you all well. I'll be coming back in periodically to check on my pm's as I have a few people I'm in the midst of conversing with, but will not be posting in any threads anymore.

Last edited by treble on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HannahLover
Squintern
Squintern

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 pm

treble wrote:
I'm sure you've all seen my post in the spoiler thread, if you have not, the gist is... I quit. If the warning header on the front page is at all in reference my posts, you'll note if you actually read them, that I did not say that anyone's opinion was unwarranted. that I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my issue is with how 2 different mods chose to deal with someone who was very unhappy with all the negativity bombarding her. Instead of remaining relatively impartial , they chose to defend their opinions which weren't even being directly attacked, one even going so far as to mock the person for suggesting there may be somewhere else that welcomes the posters opinions. I refuse to be a part of a place where there is a mob mentality and people are made to feel unwelcome because they enjoy an aspects of the show that the mods don't.

I wish you all well. I'll be coming back in periodically to check on my pm's as I have a few people I'm in the midst of conversing with, but will not be posting in any threads anymore.

My heroooooooooo... or my heroine I suppose... whatever, you go gal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Treble, the warning was not directed at you or anyone else personally. It is a general message to absolutely everyone, becasue this is supposed to be a home for all Bones fans to discuss the show.

If you wish to give up your post as a Moderator, then we are very sad, but respect any decision that you make. You are always a valuable member, and have been an excellent Moderator.

If you wish to stand by your decision to no longer post on TFF, then we wish you only the very best, and hope that you may decide to post again some day.

Our best to you, always.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparklyshoes
Entomologist
Entomologist

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:36 am

Just wanted to say amen to the front page post. I've posted less lately because of the vibes around the place and I think it's great you guys are nipping it in the bud.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MI_Bonesgirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 am

My pm box isn't working-I have messages sitting in the outbox, but not sending. So those of you who have pm'ed-I'm not ignoring you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:28 am

I assume that your pm box is full. Delete some messages in the in-box, out-box and sent-box, it should work then! Smile

View user profile
MI_Bonesgirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:34 am

Nope-I checked that-Inbox is 14%, Sentbox is 16% and outbox is 8%....I've tried sending from my phone and computer and they aren't going anywhere....I'll try deleting everything and resending, see if that helps...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereva
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 am

Sent you a PM.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions Or Comments for the Moderator   

Back to top Go down

Questions Or Comments for the Moderator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next